Grilled Corn Pizza with Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
and Roasted Balsamic Onions
- 1 Vicolo Corn Meal Pizza Crust (your choice: Organic, Natural, Spelt & Gluten-Free)
- 3 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 1/2 oz Blanched Corn
- 1/2 oz Roasted Balsamic Red Onions
- Sprinkle of Parmesan
- Sprinkle of Chives (chopped)
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut corn off the cob and blanch in simmering water for 3 minutes, drain and cool.
- Cut 1/4 of red onion into 1/2 inch strips and toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Bake chopped onions in the oven covered for 12-15 minutes until tender. Let cool.
- When vegetables are cool, add mozzarella and smoked mozzarella blend to Vicolo Corn Meal Crust.
- Top with corn, onions, parmesan, and chives.
- Preheat grill, and when hot, turn one side down to low. Cook pizza directly on grate on the low heat side.
- Cover with pie pan or close the lid to the grill to recirculate heat.
- Rotate pizza after 5 minutes and continue to cook until cheese is melted and crust is bronzed and charred (5-7 minutes)
- Let it cool slightly, slice, and serve! Enjoy!